A perfect weekend breakfast or brunch dish! Easy, sweet and delicious.
Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups flour gluten free, if desired
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 block cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 ¼ cup flour gluten free, if desired
- ½ cup light brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Reserved streusel
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the sugar, butter, and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Using a rubber spatula, scrape sides of the bowl. Add in vanilla mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add in flour mixture until just combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine streusel topping ingredients (butter through cinnamon). Mix well. Mixture will be thick and a crumb-like consistency. Set aside.
- In a prepared Bundt pan, add ¼ of the streusel topping, sprinkling evenly amongst bottom of pan. Add half of the prepared batter, working gently to spread. Add nearly all of remaining streusel, reserving roughly ¼ cup for topping later. Sprinkle amongst top of batter. Add remaining batter over streusel. Working gently to spread, trying to not disturb the streusel.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer or knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake 10 minutes so the sides pull away slightly and the crumb sets, then invert onto a cooling rack or plate.
- When ready to serve, prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Add more powdered sugar or milk as necessary to create desired consistency. Top with remaining streusel.
Entertaining Tip: If coffee cake isn’t your jam, make streusel muffins instead! Simply add ½ of streusel mixture directly to the batter and top with remaining streusel. Cook in a muffin tin for 25-30 minutes.