A fresh and vibrant take on couscous. We love this quick, easy and uber flavorful dish. Perfect as a side for your favorite protein.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups Israeli or Pearl couscous
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp basil thyme or Italian seasoning
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Italian parsley roughly chopped
- Using a large skillet, heat over medium high heat. Add butter, garlic and shallots. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add couscous and mix frequently, allowing couscous to lightly toast. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Season with salt, pepper and basil or thyme. Once couscous is boiling, cover and turn heat down to low. Cook 12-15 minutes or until liquid is mostly absorbed. Turn heat off.
- Add zest and juice of lemon and oranges. Mix well. Drizzle olive oil over top of couscous and gently stir.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with favorite protein.