Classic French Toast
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp apple pie or pumpkin pie spice optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 thick slices Texas toast or Challah bread I’ve also used fresh cinnamon raisin bread!
- Fresh berries
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Lay bread in single layer on cookie sheet. Leave uncovered overnight to allow bread to harden a bit.
- Mix together batter in a shallow baking dish. Ensure all ingredients are well combined and eggs are beaten. (You can also combine batter ingredients in a blender and pour into a shallow baking dish!). Lay bread in mixture allowing the first side to soak up batter for roughly 30-45 seconds. Flip and repeat on other side.
- Cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat or on a large griddle heated to 375 degrees. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat in batches until all bread is cooked. Serve warm with berries, powdered sugar and syrup.
Serves 4, 2 slices each