Let’s celebrate the ones we love! This is a delicious and fun cake bread that is perfect for your celebration! Make today and have something just for the kids. Also great for a birthday breakfast!
Confetti Valentine’s Day Cake Bread
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream can substitute plain Greek yogurt, if desired
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 cups flour gluten free blend, if desired
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk or heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a large bowl and hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add sour cream and mix. Add eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well. Slowly add to wet mixture. Mix until incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Add lemon juice, almond extract and vanilla extract. Gently mix. Fold in sprinkles.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Gently pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes. A wooden skewer or toothpick inserted in center should come out clean. Let cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, make glaze. Combine powdered sugar, milk and almond extract in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Adjust powdered sugar and milk as needed. You want a thicker glaze here. Drizzle on bread and decorate with sprinkles.