Looking for a filling, creamy and tasty way to start your day? Cooking the oats in coconut milk brings added creaminess and wonderful texture! Top with your favorite fruit and enjoy!
Creamed Coconut Oats with Berries
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 can coconut cream can also substitute extra 1/2 can lite coconut milk instead
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Add coconut milk and coconut cream to small saucepan. Whisk together. Heat over medium high heat. Cook until small bubbles start to form around edges.
- Turn heat down to low and add oats. Whisk together. Cover and turn heat off. Let cook 5 minutes. Stir together.
- Split oatmeal between two bowls. Top with berries. Sprinkle coconut flakes and drizzle with honey. Serve warm.