The easiest, quickest and tastiest side dish for your Thanksgiving table. The crispy breadcrumbs on the top make for a nice crunch that isn’t too heavy. Enjoy!
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 shallot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 bags 16 oz spinach, stems removed
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 Tbsp butter, shallots and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes or until slightly fragrant. Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add spinach to the skillet, working in batches. Gently work around with spatula and as there is more room, add more spinach. It will wilt down quickly and you want to add it relatively quickly so it doesn’t overcook. Lightly sauté spinach for 4-5 minutes. Add cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Gently stir to combine. Turn down to low and let flavors combine.
- Meanwhile, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add remaining 3 Tbsp butter and panko breadcrumbs. As butter melts, breadcrumbs will start to brown. Cook 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn off heat once done.
- Gently stir spinach again to ensure well combined. Ensure spinach is evenly spread amongst skillet. Sprinkle with breadcrumb topping. Add to oven and cook 5-7 minutes. Serve warm.