The most perfect seasonal soup. Vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free. Warm and delicious!
Creamy Butternut Squash Crockpot Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and diced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 yellow onion quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 medium apples sliced and core removed
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 15 oz can coconut milk
- Greek yogurt or sour cream omit for dairy free
- Green onions diced
- Add butternut squash, cauliflower, onion, garlic and apples to crockpot. Top with remaining ingredients (salt through stock).
- Cover and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Add coconut milk when done cooking,
- Use an immersion blender to blend cooked vegetables. Note, this can also be done in a traditional blender, working in batches. Just be careful with warm ingredients. Blend until smooth. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon into soup bowls. Garnish with dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream, pepitas and diced green onions.