A deliciously flavorful, easy, creamy and slightly spicy pasta dish! This one comes together quickly and can feed a crowd. A perfect weeknight meal or fancy enough for a date night – you choose
Creamy Shrimp and Spaghetti
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 tsp Calabrian chili paste
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 cups baby spinach optional
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Fill a large stockpot 2/3 full with water. Generously salt and bring to a boil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and mostly melt. Add shallot and garlic. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to move around and coat with butter. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to gently coat. Add chili paste and gently stir. Turn heat down to medium.
- Add heavy cream and gently stir. Turn heat down to low and cover. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water. Cook 8 minutes. Once spaghetti is done to al dente (slight bite to the noodle), use tongs to move pasta directly from boiling water to shrimp mixture. Don’t drain as a bit of excess water will help thicken the sauce. Use the tongs to gently toss.
- Add 1/2-2/3 cup of reserved pasta water to shrimp and pasta. Add Parmesan and spinach. Gently toss with tongs. Cover and let cook 2-3 more minutes or just until spinach very slightly softens. Taste for seasoning. Add any extra salt, pepper or chili paste necessary for desired taste.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Plate and season with more black pepper and garnish with Parmesan and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.