Decadent, creamy and surely a crowd pleaser! We think our homemade tomato pesto sauce makes all the difference here but it will require a bit more time. Remember, time doesn’t mean hard. This is easy and worth every minute!
Creamy Spaghetti Pie
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 pints grape / cherry tomatoes or 4 cups diced tomatoes roughly 1” in diameter
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts lightly toasted, if desired
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb bucatini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 8 oz marscapone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread tomatoes and garlic on baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and salt. Lightly add black pepper. Mix with hands or spatula to evenly coat. Roast for 40 minutes or until tomatoes start to release their juices.
- When tomatoes have roughly 20 minutes left, start to prepare pasta and turkey mixture. Heat a large stockpot with water and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add bucatini or pasta of choice to water. Cook 2 minutes less than directed by package as noodles with cook more in oven.
- While pasta is boiling, prepare turkey mixture.
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic to a large skillet and heat over medium high heat. Cook 3-5 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add ground turkey and turn heat down to medium. Add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook 10 minutes or until mostly browned, breaking up meat with spoon or spatula while it’s cooking.
- When pasta is cooked, drain of water.
- Using a large bowl, add cooked pasta and turkey mixture. Add marscapone, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and red pepper flakes. Gently mix. Set aside.
- Once tomatoes are done cooking, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cooked tomatoes and garlic with remaining pesto ingredients (through Parmesan cheese). Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add tomato mixture to bowl with noodle mixture. Use tongs or a spatula to gently toss.
- Spray a springform pan or 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray. Add mixture and gently move around to evenly disperse. Top with remaining 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and shredded mozzarella cheese. Lightly tent foil over top (trying to not let foil stick to cheese). Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and cheese is melted.
- Once done, let sit for 5-10 minutes. If using springform Pan, lightly run knife between pasta and pan to loosen. Release side and gently remove. Cut into slices. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.