The easiest and most delicious breakfast tacos that you can make in a snap. Perfect for breakfast or even a fast lunch. Top to your liking!
Crispy Breakfast Tacos
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tortillas gluten free, if desired; I use raw almond flour tortillas
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp crumbled cotija cheese
- Chili oil
- Mexican cream or sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- Fresh herbs
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Melt butter. Once butter is melted, place tortillas side by side in pan. Heat for 30 seconds and flip. When flipping, place the tortillas side but side again but this time with a slight overlap of the tortillas in the center.
- Turn heat down to low. Crack one egg in the center of each tortilla. If the yolk moves around or off the tortilla, use a spatula to gently move back to center. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of the cheese over top. Cover and let cook 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- Remove lid. Drizzle chili oil on top of eggs. Gently slide tacos out of pan and onto a plate. Garnish with remaining cheese, sliced avocado, fresh herbs and Mexican crema.
- Serve immediately.