A fantastic weeknight meal! Largely hands off until cooking time while the marinade works it’s magic during the day. Kids and adults love this one!
Cuban Style Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Orange Honey Soy Glaze
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro lightly packed
- 1/4 cup mint leaves lightly packed
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp minced oregano 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 pork tenderloins about 1 lb each
For orange honey soy glaze:
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp dijon adds another subtle level of flavor
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1 Tbsp water for slurry
For pork tenderloin:
- In a food processor, add all marinade ingredients (olive oil through pepper). Pulse to break up garlic and herbs, then blend until smooth. Pour into a resealable plastic bag or container along with tenderloins. Seal bag or container and refrigerate overnight or at least several hours, turning pork occasionally to redistribute marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and prepare a baking sheet with foil. Transfer marinated tenderloins to a plate layered with a paper towel to soak up extra marinade. Season tenderloins well with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, oven-safe saute pan to medium high. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add seasoned tenderloins to the hot pan and sear on all sides until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and place on prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until temp reads 137 degrees in the thickest part. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While pork rests, prepare glaze. Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl to make a slurry. Combine honey, garlic, soy sauce, orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add dijon and slurry and whisk into sauce until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Slice pork in ½ inch thick slices and serve with honey orange soy sauce. Serve with potatoes, rice or roasted vegetables.