We love granola over here! So easy to make your own, fun to be creative with the ingredients and delicious as a snack or breakfast atop some plain yogurt! Make a batch and use for the next week or two as a healthy on hand treat!
Double Chocolate Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 bag chocolate chunks
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 12 oz bag dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cocoa powder, coconut flakes, salt, cinnamon, nuts and seeds. Combine well. Pour oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup over top. Use a spatula to coat well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (This is an important step so granola doesn’t brown too quickly). Spread mixture in a single layer, trying not to crowd. Split into two baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Don’t overcook as granola will crisp up more as it cools.
- Sprinkle lightly with Himalayan pink salt. Cool 15 minutes.
- Mix in chocolate chunks. Mix in any dried fruits, if desired.
- Serve on yogurt, with fruit or use in our banana crunch bread or banana crunch muffins.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.