A delicious snack or treat for the entire family. Full of whole grain oats, healthy fats and delicious Easter chocolate candies. Quick and easy to make. Make ahead to have festive & healthy(ish) snacks on hand!
Easter Egg Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup Cadbury chocolate egg candies roughly chopped
- Finishing salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat peanut or almond butter in microwave for 30 seconds to melt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment or a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add peanut or almond butter and honey. Mix to incorporate. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix to incorporate.
- Add oats, chia seeds, salt, baking powder. Mix to combine. Set aside a few chocolate candies. Add chocolate chunks and remaining chocolate candies. Mix to incorporate.
- Line an 8 x 8” or 7 x 10” baking dish with parchment paper. Press mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle extra chocolate candies over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with finishing salt. Refrigerate for 60 minutes. Cut into 8-10 bars.