Have you ever seen a recipe that calls for cooked chicken but you aren’t quite sure the best way to do it? Sure, a rotisserie chicken is a great option but if you don’t have one readily available, our stove top roasted chicken is a great solution. Also perfect for meal prep prior to starting the week. Having freshly cooked chicken on hand is so versatile and easy!
Easy Roasted Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Heat a large skillet or braiser over high heat. Melt butter.
- Season one side of chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Place seasoned sides face down in skillet. Season side that is face up with salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes on first side until golden brown. Use tongs and flip. Note, if chicken doesn’t easily flip, let cook a minute longer as it’s not ready to turn if not an easy release. Cooked 4-5 minutes on other side.
- Add lemon zest and juice over top of chicken. Turn heat off and cover. Let sit 15 minutes or until chicken measures at least 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Cut or shred chicken. Use in salads, burritos, soups, pastas or anything needed.