Another easy, quick and delicious option to start the day! We love the ease of using a sheet pan for eggs and the ability to make extra for the week ahead.
Egg and Pancetta Biscuit Sandwich
Servings: 12 servings
- Olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz pancetta chopped
- 18 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided
- 2 cups baby spinach stems removed
- 12 refrigerated biscuits
- Avocado sliced
- Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Add shallots and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes, moving around often. Add pancetta. Cook 7-8 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, pepper and basil.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Spread cooked pancetta, onions and garlic on baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of shredded cheese. Gently pour egg mixture over top. Top with baby spinach and remaining cheese. Set aside.
- Place refrigerated biscuits on second baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake both at the same time. Eggs will take 10-12 minutes or until nicely set but not over cooked. Biscuits may take an extra minute or two until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Cut eggs into 12 even squares. Slice biscuits in half. Top with egg square. Top with sliced avocados, hot sauce and top of biscuit.
- Serve with fruit. Extras can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in microwave for 30 seconds.