Prep ahead today and make for an easier week ahead! These eggs in a jar can be cooked up any way you might want. We love scrambled eggs, eggs on the go and an egg burrito. Enjoy!
Eggs in a Jar Three Ways
Servings: 4 servings
- 8-12 eggs either 2 or 3 per jar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter cut into 1 Tbsp cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup fresh vegetables of choice diced (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Dried chives and basil
- 4 mason jars or jars with lids
- Add 2-3 eggs to each jar. Add 1 Tbsp cream or milk and 1 Tbsp butter to each jar. Top with 1/4 cup shredded cheese in jar. If using diced veggies, add them now, roughly 1/4 cup in each jar. Sprinkle each with salt, pepper, chives and basil.
- Cover with lid and shake. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, prepare as desired. Jar can be poured into skillet on stove to make scrambled eggs.
- Alternatively, the jar can be microwaved for 2-2 1/2 minutes, mixing halfway through. Eggs can be eaten directly out of the jar for an easy, “on the go” breakfast. Microwaved eggs can also be wrapped in a tortilla for an easy egg burrito. (We also love some hot sauce and avocado in our burrito, too!)
- Get creative and add any veggies you want to your egg jar as well!