Have you ever had Mexican Street corn at a fair or festival? It’s about the best thing ever! How about having it at home in appetizer form? Our Elote street corn dip has all the flavors you love and a bit less of the mess!
Elote Street Corn Dip
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 earns corn husks and silks removed
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup avocado mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 avocados pitted and cubed into 1/2” pieces
- Fresh cilantro
- Cotija cheese crumbled
- Tortilla chips
- Drizzle corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Massage into corn until well covered.
- Heat a grill over medium heat. Cook corn for 15 minutes, turning once midway through.
- While corn is cooking, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, salt, pepper, paprika and red pepper flakes in a mini food processor or small bowl. Whisk or process until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Remove corn from grill and let cool slightly. Shave kernels off of cob into a medium bowl. Pour sour cream mixture over corn and gently combine. Add avocado and handful of fresh cilantro leaves. Gently work to coat but be careful to not mash the avocado.
- Plate into serving bowl. Sprinkle with more fresh cilantro and crumbled cotija cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.