We had a treat while traveling and got to bring home some of the most amazing English Muffins from Model Bakery in Napa. The perfect carrier for the best egg sandwich. Great for breakfast or lunch!
English Muffin Egg Sandwich
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 English muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Toast English muffins.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, basil and cheese. Whisk until well combined. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour half of egg mixture into pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until just set. Do not move eggs around other than loosening the edges as you want a nice thin egg layer.
- While eggs are cooking, place arugula in a small bowl. Drizzle with a touch of olive oil and lemon juice (about 1 tsp each). Using your hands, gently mix to combine. Set aside dressed arugula.
- Once first eggs are done, loosen edges and fold eggs in half like an omelet. Gently fold over again so in a triangle shape, folded into quarters. This will allow eggs to nicely stack in sandwich. Let cook another 1-2 minutes to set and gently remove from pan. Set first eggs aside and repeat with second half of egg mixture.
- Assemble sandwiches with bottom layer of English muffin, topped with half of arugula mixture, folded eggs mixture, 1 slice of bacon (break in half to make two smaller pieces) and 1/4 avocado. If desired, add tomato. Repeat for second sandwich.
- If desired, add hot sauce, salsa or our sriracha aioli. Serve immediately.