Prep for Thanksgiving week continues with another crowd pleaser! This breakfast strata is a guaranteed sleepover hit, holiday brunch wow or weekend breakfast treat! So, so easy to pull together and looks elegant when serving! Our teens and adults alike cleaned this one out!
English Muffin And Egg Breakfast Strata with Prosciutto
- 9 English muffins cubed (approx 1 1/2 packages)
- 3 oz prosciutto roughly torn into pieces
- 12 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 4 scallions green and white parts, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish, roughly 9 x 13” in size, with nonstick spray.
- Layer cubed English muffins in bottom of pan. Top with torn pieces of prosciutto. Note, I like to tuck the prosciutto in the sides and around the English muffins so it doesn’t all float up when the liquid is added.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (eggs through cheese). Whisk well to combine. Gently pour egg mixture over English muffins and prosciutto. Using clean hands, press down on egg mixture and help English muffins soak up the liquid. Do repeatedly around the dish.
- Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 10-15 minutes or until well set and cheese is fully melted. If needed, place under broiler for last 30-60 seconds to lightly brown the top.
- Serve with fruit.