Who doesn’t like crispy potatoes? Who loves them when they are extra crispy? This recipe is easy and pleases a crowd. Great with burgers, sandwiches or any protein dish. The perfect aioli makes it all the better!
Extra Crispy Potatoes with Lemon Garlic Herb Aioli
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp dried basil or Italian seasoning
Lemon Garlic Herb Aioli:
- 1 1/2 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2-4 Tbsp fresh herbs minced (dill and chives)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zested
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into 1” pieces. If using Yukon gold potatoes, no need to peel them. If using baking potatoes, you will want to peel first.
- Add potatoes to pot of water. Add 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp kosher salt. Bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes. Return to pot and add butter, 2 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Move around to coat potatoes and melt butter.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil and spray liberally with nonstick spray. Spread potatoes on baking sheet. Leave space amongst potatoes and try not to overcrowd. Sprinkle with dried basil or Italian seasoning. Bake 20 minutes. Flip and bake another 20 minutes.
- To prepare aioli, place all ingredients in small bowl or food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Serve potatoes with sandwiches, burgers or entree of choice.