Our favorite Fall appetizer! So beautiful and full of colorful, seasonal ingredients! This one looks hard but is so easy to pull together. Sure to wow your crowd!
Fall Harvest Puff Pastry
- 1 puff pastry room temperature
- 1/2 cup fig jam
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and diced into 1/2” cubes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 3 oz prosciutto
- 2 cups arugula
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out puff pastry over floured surface. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay puff pastry on parchment.
- Gently score edges to help a crust form. Score a rectangle roughly 1/2” inside outer edge.
- Spread fig jam over puff pastry, leaving roughly 1/2” puff pastry around edge. Fan 4-5 pear slices in groups along puff pastry. Visualize 6 squares and spread into 6 groupings.
- Toss butternut squash in olive oil with salt and pepper. Sprinkle butternut squash around pears.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg. Brush along edges of pastry pastry.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle goat cheese and prosciutto over top.
- Bake again 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle 1-2 tsp olive oil over arugula and massage into leaves to lightly break down. Set aside.
- Remove puff pastry from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Add massaged arugula to top. Serve warm.