A unique and delicious flavor combo that’s perfect for a brunch spread. We love our easy quick breads for their versatility. Serve warm or make ahead, freeze and then thaw before serving.
Fig Orange Bread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour gluten free blend, if desired
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8-8.5 oz jar Fig orange jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together brown sugar and butter. Add eggs, one egg at a time and mix to incorporate. Add greek yogurt, orange juice and zest and milk. Mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Combine well. Slowly add to butter mixture, combining well while being careful to not overmix.
- Add half of fig jam to mixture, incorporating on low speed.
- Line loaf pan or pans with parchment paper. Fill pans 2/3 full, evenly distributing batter amongst pans.
- Heat remaining jam in microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften. Add 1 Tbsp fig jam to top of each loaf. Use a knife or toothpick to gently pull through top layer of batter.
- Bake 50-55 minutes for large loaf pan or 30 minutes for small loaf pans. Toothpick inserted in center should come out mostly clean. Allow at least 10 minutes to cool in loaf pan. To remove from loaf pan, lift sides of parchment paper to release loaves.
Makes 1 large loaf or 4 mini loaves