Dinner doesn’t have to be hard. This is easy, fast and a kid favorite in our house. Serve with a side of fries, taters, chips or a salad. On the table in less than 30 minutes!
Tortilla Crusted Tilapia Fish Sandwiches
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 Tortilla crusted tilapia filets from Costco if you aren’t near a Costco or yours doesn’t carry these, see below for our homemade version!
- 6 hoagie buns sliced in half lengthwise
- ¾ cup avocado mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 4 cups 1 bag red cabbage
Spicy Avocado Cream:
- 2 avocados pitted
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno roughly chopped and seeds removed if desired for less heat
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- juice and zest of 1 large lime
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lay filets of tilapia on baking sheet covered with foil. Bake 13-15 minutes.
- While tilapia is cooking, prepare coleslaw and avocado cream. Whisk together all coleslaw ingredients, mayonnaise through salt. Add cabbage and toss until fully coated. Chill until ready to serve. This can also be made a few hours ahead to save time.
- To prepare spicy avocado cream, combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth. Chill until ready to serve. This can also be made a few hours ahead to save time.
- Toast hoagie buns on griddle or in oven. Just a few minutes to lightly brown them.
- To build your sammies, layer up a toasted hoagie bun with a smear of avocado cream on bottom, fresh arugula, a cooked filet of tilapia, add the coleslaw and the top of the bun!