One of our favorite meals for dinner on the grill. High in protein, healthy and so easy. This is mostly hands off with the marinade doing much of the work!
Flank Steak and Veggie Kebabs
- 2 pounds flank steak cut into 1 ½” pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small red onion cut into chunks
- 2 bell peppers cut into chunks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini sliced into 1/2” rounds
- Olive oil and salt for vegetables
- Metal skewers or bamboo skewers soaked in water for at least 15 minutes
- White or brown rice
- Cauliflower risotto
- Cheesy lemon orzo
- Add the cubed steak to a bowl or gallon sized Ziploc bag with next 9 ingredients (olive oil through garlic) and toss well to coat. Allow to marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Add onion, zucchini, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes to a large bowl. Toss lightly with olive oil and kosher salt, just enough to coat.
- Assemble kabobs by threading steak and vegetables onto each skewer, ending up with 3-4 pieces of steak on each, until all of the steak and vegetables are used.
- Once ready to grill, place a grill pan over medium-high heat drizzle in a touch of oil, and grill the kabobs for about 5 minutes on each side, turning them to char on each side, or until medium rare. (Alternately, you can use your outdoor grill. Grill on medium low for 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot, fresh off the grill with your favorite sides. We like to drizzle Chimichurri sauce on the plate or use for dipping the kebabs.
Makes about 12 skewers
- 2 cups well packed fresh parsley
- 1 cup well packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ – ¾ cup olive oil
- Finely mince shallot and garlic and add to a medium bowl with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper, salt, and ½ cup of olive oil.
- Very finely chop parsley, cilantro, and oregano and add to shallot mixture. Stir to combine, adding up to ¼ cup more olive oil if chimichurri needs to be loosened. Let sit at least 10 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving to encourage flavors to meld together. Extra chimichurri can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and is best used within 2 days.
Makes about 1 ½ cups