The perfect weekend breakfast, brunch or breakfast for dinner! These come together quickly and the chai spice gives it the perfect bite. The icing on the cake (or, pancakes) is the orange glaze! The whole crew loved these and we’ll for sure be back for more. If you have extra time, make our homemade chai spice and save for your favorite baked goods.
Fluffy Chai Spiced Pancakes with Orange Glaze
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour gluten free, if desired
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground chai spice see note
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2-4 Tbsp almond milk or regular milk
- Orange zest
- Cinnamon sugar
Homemade Chai Spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground ginger
- Combine milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside. Let sit for 5-7 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Mix well. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine well. Add milk mixture. Combine well.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and chai. Combine ingredients until smooth. Mixture will be thick but should be easily scoopable.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick saucepan over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray or brush surface with a bit of oil to prevent sticking. Working in batches, pour pancake mixture in roughly 1/4 cup circles onto pan or griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes on first side. Pancake will start bubbling slightly and brown on the edges. Flip and cook 2-3 more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes are cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for drizzle. Whisk until smooth. If needed, add more milk to desired consistency.
- Serve pancakes with drizzle. Top with extra lemon zest and pinch of cinnamon sugar.
Homemade Chai Spice
- Combine all spices in airtight container. Cover and shake well to combine.