A quick, easy and very healthy lunch! Load up with your favorite veggies for a midday treat! Note, for an even easier option, skip the ricotta mixture and use your favorite flavor of Boursin cheese. Voila! Lunch is served.
Garden Fresh Vegetable Sandwich
Servings: 1 serving
- 2 slices favorite bread
- Spreadable butter
- 2 Tbsp ricotta cheese
- Grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 heirloom tomato sliced
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup sprouts or microgreens
- 1 mini cucumber sliced thinly
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Cook buttered-side down on a nonstick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, roughly 5 minutes. Note, I only browned/toasted one side of each slice. Set bread aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, some grated Parmesan and lemon juice. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay your first slice of bread, toasted side down on rour plate. Spread ricotta mixture on toast. Top with sliced tomatoes. Very lightly sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Add avocado slices. Again, very lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with generous amount of sprouts or microgreens. Top with thinly sliced cucumber. Add top layer of toast.
- Serve with fruit, chips or your favorite side!