Looking for something that is a little familiar and a little unique? We LOVE Mediterranean flavors and often incorporate them in many dishes we make. These burgers are high in protein, off the charts on flavor, easy in prep and quick to the table! What more could you ask for?
Greek Turkey Burger
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 garlic cloves grated or minced
- 2 tsp each garlic powder basil and oregano
- 1 tsp each salt dill
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley minced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil partially drained of oil and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 brioche buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Ensure everything is well mixed to disperse flavors. Form into 4 equal sized patties.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add patties and cook 5-6 minutes on first side. Use a spatula to flip. Note, if burgers don’t easily flip, let cook another minute or so. Cook 5-6 minutes on second side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Spread hummus on insides of bun. Top with burger, arugula, tomato and top of bun.