Let’s keep those Thanksgiving side dishes simple and grand this year. These green beans are fresh, vibrant, easy and tasty. They come together quickly at the end while your turkey is resting. If making ahead, cover with foil and simply warm on low oven or stovetop for a few minutes before serving.
Green Beans with Parmesan and Prosciutto
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb fresh green beans ends removed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3-4 oz Fresh prosciutto
- 1/4-1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add shallots. Cook 3-4 minutes or until starting to slightly brown. Be careful not to burn. Turn heat down to medium and add garlic. Cook additional 2-4 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add trimmed green beans. Stir frequently in butter sauce. Cook 7-9 minutes or until green beans are softened and warmed yet still crispy. Turn heat off.
- Tear half of prosciutto into small pieces and place on bottom of serving dish. Add green beans and butter sauce on top of prosciutto. Slightly toss with tongs to coat. Add remaining pieces of prosciutto, torn into small pieces, to top of green beans. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Serve immediately.