A most delicious and perfect turkey sandwich full of green goddess and green goodness! Perfect for a day on the boat, a lunch on the patio or a day of sports.
Green Goddess Turkey Sandwich
Servings: 8 servings
- Large French bread loaf
- 1/2 cup Green Goddess Dressing store bought or our homemade recipe
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 avocado pit removed and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 lb deli turkey breast thinly sliced
- 8 oz Burrata cheese
- Kosher salt
Green Goddess Dressing (Makes roughly 2 cups):
- 3/4 cup avocado mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 small shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups fresh herbs dill, basil, parsley and chives are wonderful
- Zest and juice of 2 small lemons or 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Slice French bread in half lengthwise. Lay bread on counter, face up. Spread green goddess dressing on insides of both sides of loaf.
- Top green goddess dressing with sliced cucumbers. Sprinkle slightly with kosher salt. Top with fresh basil leaves and arugula. Top arugula with turkey breast slices, overlapping slightly as arranging.
- Gently break Burrata and spread over top of turkey breast. Top with remaining half of bread. Press down gently. Insert long toothpicks into bread, roughly 1 1/2 apart. This will help divide sandwich into servings and will also make slicing easier. Slice with serrated knife between toothpicks. Serve cold.
Green Goddess Dressing:
- Combine mayonnaise through black pepper in a food processor and mix until smooth. While food processor is running, drizzle olive oil through feed tube to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.