A wonderfully flavorful rice dish that is fantastic with just about anything. The addition of homemade chimichurri sauce here makes all the difference! Enjoy with chicken, tacos, steak, kebabs or any main entree.
Green Jasmine Rice
Servings: 8 servings
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 scallions diced
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups well packed parsley
- 1 cup well packed cilantro sub fresh basil or more parsley, if desired
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ – ¾ cup olive oil
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Add 4 Tbsp butter, garlic and scallions. Cook 5-6 minutes or until softened and starting to slightly golden brown.
- Add dry rice and salt to sauce pan. Mix well with butter mixture. Cook 4-5 minutes or until butter is fully absorbed and rice starts to become fragrant.
- While rice is cooking, prepare chimichurri sauce. Combine shallot through red pepper flakes in a food processor and mix until well combined. Stream olive oil in while still blending. Add enough oil to get desired consistency, ensuring it doesn’t become too thin. Set aside when complete.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp butter to rice for a creamy finish. Mix well to melt.
- Add half of chimichurri mixture to rice and mix well. Reserve remaining chimichurri to serve with main meal.
- Serve rice with chicken, tacos, steak, kebabs or any main entree.