A wonderful salad that goes well with a dinner on the grill! It’s been known to please many, even those that don’t love salads. The warmth of the romaine combined with simple ingredients makes a perfect dish!
Grilled BLT Salad
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 romaine hearts sliced lengthwise
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 4 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Drizzle inner sides of romaine hearts lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Grill romaine hearts, center side down, for 4-7 minutes or until the edges are lightly charred.
- While romaine is grilling, combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Using a large platter, plate grilled romaine hearts, chopped tomatoes, cooked bacon and blue cheese crumbles. Drizzle salad dressing over romaine.
- Serve one grilled romaine heart with toppings per person.