Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with Grilled Garlic Croutons
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 heads of romaine lettuce quartered lengthwise and then chopped into ribbons
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 4 chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Favorite dried herbs I like Penzey’s Foxpoint
- 1 French baguette sliced lengthwise
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper. Optional, can also sprinkle with your favorite dried herbs. Place chicken breasts on grill, cooking on the first side for 6 minutes. Flip and grill for another 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked throughout. Once chicken is done, cover with foil until ready to use. Keep grill on to use for baguette.
- Lay sliced baguette on a flat surface. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with a few teaspoons of garlic powder and onion powder. Place center-side down on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly charred. Remove from grill and cut into cubes for croutons.
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a mixer or blender. Blend for a few minutes until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using a large mixing bowl, toss romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and a few tablespoons of dressing just to coat leaves very slightly.
- Plate 1-2 cups of romaine and tomatoes on each plate. Top with sliced chicken, grilled croutons, and a touch more dressing. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.