An easy but elegant appetizer that will wow your summer crowd! The combination of flavors is divine and we love any recipe we can make outdoors on the grill!
Grilled Peaches and Mozzarella with Honey Basil Vinaigrette
- 3 peaches cut into roughly 1” wedges, evenly sized
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 3 oz prosciutto torn into small pieces
- 12 leaves fresh basil
Honey Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Heat grill to medium heat. Drizzle quartered peaches with olive oil. Grill, center side down for 7-8 minutes. Keep grill lid open while grilling.
- While peaches are grilling, make vinaigrette. Combine basil, honey, olive oil, vinegar and salt in a food processor until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, simply chop your basil and then combine all ingredients with a whisk in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Skewer 1 basil leaf onto each toothpick. Fold up a piece of prosciutto and add to toothpick. Add one peach and 4-5 mini mozzarella pearls or 3 small balls. Add another piece of folded prosciutto, another grilled peach and finish with a fresh basil leaf.
- Drizzle basil vinaigrette over appetizer. Extra vinaigrette can be served on the side.
- If you cannot find mini or small balls of mozzarella you can easily substitute a log of mozzarella and cut into small pieces.
I prefer the long bamboo toothpicks or medium length bamboo skewers as they are stronger than normal toothpicks. Makes 1 – 1 1/2 dozen