The perfect summer grilling dish! Wonderfully delicious, healthy and oh, so easy! Quick enough to have on the table tonight!
Grilled Salmon Skewers with Herbed Vinaigrette
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups fresh herbs I like basil, Italian parsley and dill
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb salmon cut into 1” squares
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 yellow zucchini sliced into 1/2” slices
- 1 green zucchini sliced into 1/2” slices
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
- Wood skewers
- In a mini food processor, combine all ingredients for herbed vinaigrette. Process until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, finely chop herbs and mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- After herbed vinaigrette is done, begin to prepare skewers. Start by soaking kebabs in water for 15-20 minutes. This will help prevent them from burning.
- In a large bowl, combine salmon and zucchini slices. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and dried basil. Gently toss to coat.
- Once skewers are done soaking, begin to thread. Skewer components onto sticks, starting with one piece of lemon, alternating salmon, both kinds of zucchini and finishing with 1 piece of lemon at the opposite end. Place roughly 3-4 pieces of salmon, 6-8 pieces of vegetables and 2 lemons per skewer.
- Cook at 350 degrees on a grill (medium heat), roughly 3-4 minutes on each side or 6-8 minutes total. Do not overcook or your salmon will dry out. Serve with our cheesy lemon orzo or your favorite rice. Drizzle herbed vinaigrette over skewers and serve.
Serves 4, 1-2 skewers per person