Having a Halloween party? Our sweets boards are fun, perfect for all ages and add a great addition of fun and decor to your party food. Load up your favorite cookies, candies and bites and fill up your favorite board. My entire board came with goodies from Trader Joe’s! 👻🗝️🎃🕸️🕷️
A few of my favorite tips?
- Place two groupings of similar items across the board from each other for symmetry and consistency.
- Use a variety of colors to bring the board to life but don’t go crazy. I stuck with lots of neutrals and whites with some pops of orange and black.
- Appeal to both adults and kids with fun bites, no matter the age.
- Incorporate some whimsy with oversized skeleton hands and even a yoga mummy. Some spiders or pumpkins would be fun, too.
- Be patient and move items around frequently until you get them just as you’d like! Enlist the kids to help, too!
- Use items like little bowls or ramekins for any dips or jams. These can help provide borders or edging to hold items in.
- Once finished, add in some fillers. I used mini maple marshmallows to fill open spaces.
- Need to make ahead? Prep early, even one day in advance and cover with plastic wrap or foil until ready to serve.
Interested in items I picked from Trader Joe’s? Here’s what I used: Pumpkin butter, Petite pumpkin spice cookies, Pumpkin spice blondies, Pumpkin flavored joe joe’s, Pumpkin biscotti, Pumpkin tortilla chips, Halloween joe joe’s, Pumpkin spiced teeny tiny pretzels, Chocolate mousse pumpkins, Mini maple marshmallows, Pumpkin cereal bars, Pumpkin cranberry crisps, Chocolate wafer cookie bites and Chocolate hazelnut sandwich cookies. I meant to throw on the Pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds (because they are delish and I love them) but totally forgot!