What a delight these burgers are! Easy to make, perfectly balanced flavors and moisture that makes a burger 10/10! We love Los Poblanos chile jam for the most delicious Hawaiian burger! (Swipe to see). Use your favorite chile jam or substitute with any sweet and spicy jam you love. Add these to your menu and you won’t be disappointed!
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey or chicken
- 8 oz green chile jam
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp each onion and garlic powder
- 1 shallot minced
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- 1 small red onion sliced 1/2” thick
- 4 slices pineapple
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 slices tomatoes
Spicy Avocado Cream:
- 2 avocados pitted
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno roughly chopped and seeds removed if desired for less heat
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice and zest of 1 large lime
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by preparing spicy avocado cream. Scoop avocado into the bowl of a food processor along with rest of ingredients. Pulse until smooth, streaming in a few tablespoons of water to create a looser consistency if desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey through breadcrumbs. Mix well to combine but don’t overwork.
- Form into 4 even sized round balls. Don’t flatten yet. Place on plate and put in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Lay pineapple and red onion in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and a light sprinkle of salt.
- Heat grill or griddle over medium heat.
- Slightly flatten burgers when putting on grill. Cook burgers directly on grill or griddle, roughly 5-6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Once done, cover with foil.
- Place sliced pineapple and red onions directly on the grill. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side. If your grill is large enough, these can be cooked alongside burgers.
- Grill buns, if desired.
- Build burger by spreading avocado cream on top of bottom bun. Top with thin slice of tomato, burger, slice of pineapple and slice of red onion. Finish with top bun.
- Serve with fries.