Heirloom Tomatoes and Blue Cheese Salad (aka Red, White and “Blue” tomato salad) • I love this for the freshness and ease. Better yet, it’s beautiful to serve. Delicious summer flavors have this salad on repeat for us.
Heirloom Tomatoes and Blue Cheese Salad
- 3 heirloom tomatoes thinly sliced
- Maldon or kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
- 3 oz blue cheese broken into chunks
- Fresh herbs or microgreens
- Lie thinly sliced tomatoes on a serving platter, in a single layer. Sprinkle salt over top. Add a small amount of cracked black pepper. Squeeze 1/2 of lemon over top.
- Sprinkle minced shallot and garlic evenly amongst tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze over top.
- Break blue cheese into chunks and spread amongst tomatoes. Garnish with fresh herbs or microgreens.