This fun twist on a cheese toast provides a delicious (and easy) option for a healthy lunch or even a beautiful addition to a brunch. Quick, easy, healthy and full of ingredients that you likely have on hand.
Herbed Feta and Egg Toast
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bread
- 2 oz block feta cheese
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup spreadable herbed cheese like Boursin or Alouette
- 1/2 cup microgreens or baby arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs we like chives, basil & dill
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Hot sauce or chili oil
- Heat a small saucepan 3/4 full with water. Add splash of vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, slowly and gently add eggs. Cook 6 minutes for a jammy egg or one with a slightly soft center. Gently remove from boiling water and add to bowl with cold water and ice to stop cooking.
- Toast bread.
- Break up feta cheese block into crumbles. Squeeze lemon juice and zest over top of cheese. Set aside.
- Spread soft herbed cheese evenly over 4 slices toast. Top with microgreens. Top with crumbled feta.
- Peel hard boiled eggs and gently cut into quarters. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Evenly spread quartered eggs over top of feta. Top with fresh herbs and hot sauce or chili oil, if desired.