This is a wonderful holiday treat that’s easy enough for kids to make. The pop rocks make it a little more fun and unique. (Of course, you can omit them if you choose). Perfect for a sweet treat or in a holiday goodie bag for a friend.
- 2 bags microwave popcorn plain or light butter
- 24-36 oz white chocolate chips depending on how chocolatey you want it
- 2 packets pop rocks cherry or peppermint flavor
- 4 candy canes broken into small pieces but not crushed
- Holiday sprinkles
- Pop popcorn according to package instructions.
- Spread popped popcorn out on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. You may need two baking sheets as you want a thin, single layer of popcorn. Pull out any unpopped kernels and discard.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Stir frequently so the chips don’t burn. We find that 30 second increments in the microwave with frequent stirring works best.
- Pour melted white chocolate evenly over popcorn. Evenly sprinkle pop rocks, candy cane pieces and sprinkles over white chocolate. Use as much or little as you want.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes or until white chocolate hardens. Break apart into bite sized pieces. Enjoy!