What a beautifully easy and festive salad for your holiday table or next party! Comes together in less than 15 minutes but looks like it took so much more time. I served recently for a cocktail party and it was a hit!
Holiday Wreath Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 cups arugula and kale
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 apple cored and sliced
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries or raspberries
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1 cup glazed pecans roughly chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup verju or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 shallot minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- In a medium bowl, add salad greens and basil leaves. Pour half of salad dressing over greens and gently toss. Using a circular platter or bowl, arrange greens into a circle around the outer edge, leaving an opening in the center. (Note, I like to place a small bowl upside down in the center to work around it and make a uniform shape).
- Arrange berries, apple slices, grapes and nuts into sections around the salad greens. I like to group in sections for visual appeal. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, crumbled cheese and additional nuts over top.
- Place remaining salad dressing in a small bowl in center of presentation to allow extra dressing to be drizzled with serving.
- In a small bowl mix dressing ingredients. Whisk well and set aside.
Serves 4 (entree size) or 8 (side salad size)