Honey Citrus Salmon with Orange Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick at room temperature
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 lb. salmon
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp orange juice
- 3-4 Tbsp honey
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Ensure butter is at room temperature, not melted. Ideally, you want it soft to the touch. Using a food processor, combine softened butter, orange zest and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Pulse until well combined. Butter and orange zest should be nicely incorporated.
- Using a spatula, scrape orange butter out of food processor and place on sheet of wax paper. Using the ends and sides of wax paper, roll butter back into a log. Tape or fold ends down. Place in freezer until ready to use. Any extra butter can be stored in a Ziploc bag and placed in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- Cut salmon into individual filets. Place on a baking sheet, covered with foil. Drizzle avocado oil lightly over each filet (about 1-2 tsp on each). Drizzle orange juice lightly over each filet (about 1 tsp on each). Season with kosher salt and pepper. Drizzle honey lightly over each filet (about 1 Tbsp on each). Broil on top rack of oven for 6-7 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare any side dishes. Wild rice and sautéed vegetables are a good option.
- Once salmon is done, remove from oven. Plate salmon and sides. Cut a small pat of butter and place on top of cooked salmon filet. It will quickly melt and coat the salmon.
- Serve with a side of sauteed green beans and wild rice.