Growing up in Arizona, Huevos Rancheros was a staple. The good news is that it’s super easy and fast to pull together and tasty as can be! All you need is a ranchero sauce or some sort of salsa, some eggs and a shell. From there, it’s all up to you! Perfect for Sunday brunch for BFD (Breakfast for Dinner!)
- 5-6 radishes thinly sliced
- Red wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt and sugar
- 1 can pinto beans
- 5 oz pancetta diced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 avocado quartered
- 6 tostada shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Favorite salsa
- Avocado Cream recipe below
- Fresh cilantro garnish
- 2 avocados pitted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- juice and zest of 1 large lime
- 1 tsp salt
- Add sliced radishes to bowl or mason jar. Cover with red wine vinegar. Add pinch of salt and sugar. Mix well and cover. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add pinto beans. Cover and let cook.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add pancetta and brown for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- If making avocado cream (recipe below), make that now. Once done place in fridge.
- Wipe out pan. Cook eggs, 1-2 at a time, sunny side up in your skillet. Set aside when done.
- Set up assembly line for each person to make their own, as desired. Layer tostada shell on bottom. Top with scoop of drained pinto beans. Add shredded lettuce, pancetta, cotija cheese, salsa, avocado and pickled radishes. Top with egg. Garnish with fresh cilantro and any more toppings as desired.
- Scoop avocado into the bowl of a food processor along with rest of ingredients. Pulse until ingredients are chopped small, then blend smooth, streaming in a few tablespoons of water to create a looser consistency if desired.