We love the freshness of this salad and the balanced nutrients that all of the ingredients bring. Great as a main entree salad for dinner or perfect for lunch. Best part here is that this salad is even better served cold the next day!
Israeli Couscous Salad with Salmon
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 3/4 cups Israeli couscous
- 2 3/4 cups broth or water
- 4 – 4 oz salmon filets
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh fresh basil
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 4 scallions chopped
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat broth or water over high heat in a small stockpot. Once boiling, add couscous and turn heat down to low and cover. Cook 10-12 minutes.
- Spread salmon out on baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place directly under broiler for 6 minutes. When done, remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine nuts, raisins, parsley, basil, garbanzo beans, spinach and scallions. Add cooked couscous. Gently toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salad dressing ingredients. Pour salad dressing over salad.
- Plate salad. Top with filet of salmon, gently broken into pieces. Add feta cheese and any extra herbs.