Our delicious Italian meatballs come together so quickly and are the perfect appetizer! Make them a bit smaller than a normal meatball and serve marinara on the side for a crowd pleasing dish!
Italian Chicken Meatball Bites
Servings: 2 dozen
- 2 pounds ground chicken if available, some brands have seasoned chicken like Italian
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 finely diced shallot
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup Pecorino or Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg whisked
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 28 oz jar favorite marinara
- Fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs (ground chicken through lemon zest) in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Like a baking sheet with parchment. Use a small ice cream scoop or your hands and form meatballs. They should be roughly 3/4-1” in diameter. Line the baking sheet with meatballs.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake meatballs for 20-25 minutes, using tongs to turn midway through. Meatballs should have a nice light brown coloring. Ensure they are cooked through but not over cooked so they don’t dry out.
- While meatballs are cooking, heat marinara sauce.
- Serve meatballs on platter with marinara sauce on side for dipping. Cute toothpicks make this great for entertaining and quick bites. Garnish with fresh basil and grated Parmesan.