Italian Pesto Sliders
- 24 slider rolls cut in half but not pulled apart
- 1 cup pesto see below for homemade recipe
- 3/4 pound sundried tomato or black pepper deli turkey breast
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 oz butter melted
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
Optional toppings (add one, not both):
- 2-3 vine ripened tomatoes sliced thin
- Jarred roasted red peppers drained
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Make pesto (recipe below).
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray and add the bottom half of the slider rolls as one grouping.
- Spread the pesto over the bottom layer. Add a layer of sliced tomatoes or roasted red peppers, if desired. Then add the turkey and cheese and top with the top half of the slider rolls.
- Combine the melted butter and the Italian seasoning. Spread over the top of the slider rolls.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 15 to 20 minutes and then uncovered for five minutes or until the sliders are golden brown.
Basil Pesto (Italian Pesto Sliders)
- 2 cups fresh basil stems removed
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup nuts of choice I like to use pine nuts or slivered almonds; ensure nuts are unsalted and can be roasted
- ½ cup to ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup to 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in Cuisinart or blender. Begin to blend and drizzle olive oil into blender while going to emulsify. Adjust level of olive oil needed to drive desired consistency. Serve tossed on pasta or use as base sauce on grilled pizza crust.