Burgers are a favorite around here and a burger bowl is a great option if you want to get a bit healthier in the new year. So much goodness oozes out of the center in this one.
Jalapeño Cheddar Turkey Burger Bowl
Servings: 4 servings
- 28 oz lean turkey or beef not extra lean
- 2 Tbsp finely minced onion
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper diced (seeds removed if you prefer less spice)
- Romaine lettuce chopped
- Sautéed mushrooms and onions
- Cooked bacon diced
- Grape tomatoes diced
- Avocado diced
- Dill pickles
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium or nonstick skillet over medium high heat if cooking indoors.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and diced jalapeno.
- Combine meat, Kosher salt & pepper, Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder and minced onion. Divide meat into 4-6 even pieces (5-7oz each). Take 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture and flatten it into a pancake shape. Wrap beef or turkey around the cheese ensuring the cheese mixture is completely covered.
- Cook burgers for 6-7 minutes on each side or until completely cooked. (Turkey should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees and beef should reach 160 degrees).
- While burgers are grilling, prepare your salad with as many toppings as you wish! Top the salad with your warm burger and enjoy!