The most perfect lunch or quick dinner for your busy day! A great vegetarian option that is high on flavor and low on prep time. Want to add a bit more protein? Chicken or shrimp would be a great addition!
Kale, Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Couscous Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot or 1/3 yellow onion minced
- 2 1/2 cups Israeli or Pearl couscous
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 6 cups broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups kale stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 jar roasted red peppers drained and roughly chopped
- 15 oz can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- To serve:
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat butter in a medium sauce pan or stock pot over medium heat. Once nearly melted, add shallots and garlic. Sauté 4-5 minutes. Add couscous and toast couscous for 3-4 minutes, mixing frequently.
- Add salt, pepper, dill and chives and mix. Add broth and raise to high heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to low and cover. Cook 10-11 minutes or until broth is mostly absorbed.
- While couscous is cooking, prep veggies. Drizzle kale with 1-2 teaspoons olive oil and juice of 1/2 lemon. Massage kale to start to break down. Set aside. Ensure roasted peppers and artichokes are chopped.
- When couscous is done cooking, mix in kale, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, juice of remaining 1/2 lemon and Parmesan cheese. Gently mix.
- Plate and serve. Garnish with drizzle of olive oil and extra Parmesan.
- If desired, serve with protein of choice.