A beautiful and delicious dessert that looks like you labored for hours. The perfect blend of seasonal and sweetness. Also, a wonderful option for those that may not enjoy traditional pumpkin pie. Easily made ahead for a crowd. (I’m making these on Wednesday for our Thanksgiving meal on Thursday!) Enjoy!
Layered Pumpkin Trifles
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup pumpkin butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup gingersnaps crushed
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin butter, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and combined. Fold half of whipped cream into pumpkin mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed gingersnaps, melted butter and a pinch of salt. Combine until texture is like wet sand.
- In small glasses or individual trifle dishes, layer the crushed gingersnaps, pumpkin cream, and whipped cream. Repeat layering pumpkin cream and whipped cream two times. Top each portion with a sprinkling of crushed gingersnaps. Finish with a small pinch of flaky salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.