Berries, Lemons and Breakfast time – is there anything better? I love the fact that this coffee cake presents itself like a fancy dish yet is so easy to pull together. Perfect for a holiday breakfast, special occasion brunch or just a hungry family! Get one step ahead by leaving the butter and cream cheese on the counter overnight for quick morning prep.
Lemon Berry Coffee Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 block cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups regular or gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries we love to mix up the type of berry or do a combo, depending on the occasion!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the sugar, butter, and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Using a rubber spatula, scrape batter down the sides of the bowl. Add in vanilla and lemon juice and zest and mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add in flour mixture until just combined. Remove bowl from stand and pour in blueberries, folding them in gently with spatula so as not to break them. Transfer batter to prepared Bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer or knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake 10 minutes so the sides pull away slightly and the crumb sets, then invert onto a cooling rack or plate.
- In a clean bowl of stand mixer, fitted with whisk attachment, beat heavy cream and 2 teaspoons sugar on medium high speed for 2-4 minutes until stiff peaks form. Dust cooled cake with powdered sugar. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.