A healthy, delicious, fresh and flavorful take on our favorite hummus. Great on a sandwich or in a wrap or perfect with fresh vegetables for an appetizer or snack. Easy to make ahead. Extra can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Lemon Dill Hummus
- 4 cups canned garbanzo beans drained (liquid reserved)
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water or liquid from canned beans
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried lemon peel or zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Olive oil as needed
- Combine first ten ingredients (garbanzo beans through lemon juice) in a food processor. Process until smooth. If needed, drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil through the feed tube to help smooth out mixture. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.